This project’s goals are to:
- Motivate discouraged Forest County businesses
- Help existing businesses achieve growth
- Help entrepreneurs start their businesses
- Improve the general economic climate by creating jobs that will attract families who will buy homes, enroll their children in our schools and pay taxes.
The requested RBEG funding will support programs to be made available to all businesses and residents in (primarily) Forest County, not only FCBA members. These programs are geared toward providing:
- Education in the form of free or low-cost training seminars and group subscriptions to online resources and webinars, to help business owners help themselves and improve customer service to visitors
- Motivation, in the form of presentations by guest speakers/consultants and recognition of businesses and municipalities who successfully make use of the EMPOWERS programs, to improve the business owners’ and municipal officials’ outlook and optimism regarding the future of their businesses and communities
- Support to improve the position of the FCBA and the Forest County Community & Economic Development office for assisting local businesses and entrepreneurs with growing their enterprises
- Outreach to help local municipal government leadership understand what they can/need to do to support businesses and economic growth
- Promotion in the form of printed and digital maps to help visitors find their way to our businesses, attractions, and amenities; development of Forest County logo merchandise to help visitors build a connection with Forest County and begin to build another income stream for the FCBA; and a re-design of the FCBA’s website to update and add functionalities to better serve and benefit our business community.