*UPDATE – Review of our funding request for this project is delayed by the change in federal administration. Check back here or watch our Facebook page for future updates.
The FCBA is planning a new, multi-year business and economic development project to begin in 2017. It is being developed based on past economic development studies in Forest County, and on business needs as identified by a survey of local businesses.
The project will include several individual programs designed to Motivate, Educate, and Support Forest County businesses to help them grow, and to improve the local economy. Programs such as:
- Presentations and webinars by nationally recognized rural and small business proponents Becky McCray and Deb Brown of “Save Your Town”
- Hiring on an Executive Director for the FCBA to grow and strengthen the organization so we can provide more benefit to our members
- Funding to supplement the business development efforts of the Forest County Community & Economic Development office
- Consultations with professionals such as architects, designers, CPAs, marketing professionals, etc.
- Free business education seminars on a variety of topics
- Creation of an online/on-demand Hospitality & Ambassador Training program.
Click HERE to download a printable copy of a PDF document describing the project in more detail, and including a sample letter of support for businesses to submit to the FCBA. We encourage you to edit the support letter to suit your business and mail or email it to be received by the FCBA no later than Nov. 25, 2016.
The support letters are an important part of the grant application being submitted to the USDA’s Rural Business Development Grant program. This grant – if approved – will support development of this project and the delivery of it’s programs and services to local businesses and entrepreneurs wishing to start a business.
If you have questions about the EMPOWERS project or support letters, please use one of the email contacts listed in the PDF document.